Tuesday, June 23, 2009

11 weeks

Here I am at 11 weeks! Getting so round! I had a prenatal visit yesterday and I measured 18 cms which is equivalent to 18 weeks! Yikes!

How I am feeling: I am slowly starting to feel better. My nausea lasts for much shorter periods of time now and that really makes life a lot easier. My nasal congestion has also started to decrease a little so I am breathing better at night. I am still fairly exhausted at the end of the day and sometimes I just don't want to move, but I think that is normal for pregnancy in general. I had a great midwife appointment yesterday! We heard both heartbeats on the doppler! One baby was on my left side and its heartrate was in the 140s. The other baby was on my right side and its heartrate was in the 160s. The midwife found them both easily so that really made me feel better. They were moving all around and kicking towards the doppler. I can't feel it yet but it was nice to hear it! I am growing just like I should, so that is comforting. Emotionally, I am doing ok. I am going to regular therapy sessions and really feel better after each one. Today, I actually wanted to go buy the babies something! I wanted to get them cute matching T-shirts, so that is a good sign.

What the babies are up to: From now until the 20th week of pregnancy the babies will increase their weight 30 times and will about triple in length. The blood vessels in the placenta are growing larger and multiplying. The babies' ears are moving up and to the side of the head this week. By the end of the week, the babies external genitalia will develop into a recognizable features. I can't wait to find out what they are! I am thinking two boys, but who knows!

2 comments:

Twisted Cinderella said...

You look wonderful! I can't wait until my next appt so I can hear my little one's heartbeat.

ladyfinch said...

Aww...look at you growing healthy babies. Looking Great!!! :)