Tuesday, June 16, 2009

10 weeks

10 weeks today!

How I am feeling: Still pretty sick most of the time. Thankfully the number of sick hours is starting to decrease a little bit. I just have to keep eating every two hours or so. I am going to be as big as a house. :( Although so far, I haven't gained a single pound. Probably because of all the nausea. I still have the nasal congestion which is so annoying. Poor pregnant women need their sleep....how are they supposed to get that if they can't even breathe?! I have been having some nice cravings lately. Mostly cereal with cold milk. Yum. Emotionally, I am finding that I am doing a bit better. Therapy is really helping me and it is nice to have that outlet. I am not cured by any means, but I am working towards feeling better. I am finding that I am wanting to see pictures of tiny twin babies and thinking about the logistics of caring for two and surprisingly, both of those things make me happy. I spoke with my mama yesterday and worked out a plan for help after the babies are born. Brandon will be home for the first week and then my mom will come every day for the next several weeks to help out. After that, she will take Nathan for a couple days a week so that I can be alone with the babies. That will help. I have a midwife appointment next week and I am really looking forward to hearing the heartbeats. Hopefully we find both. I am also going to speak with them about finding an OB for back-up care. Basically, I just don't want to show up at a hospital in pre-term labor with twins and not know the person that will be taking care of me. While I don't want to see an OB, I know that it is probably a good idea. In case of pre-term labor (watch me go overdue) or emergency transfer from home it will be nice to know someone there. I just have to find an OB that will be ok with me refusing all forms of testing, ultrasounds, vaginal exams, inductions, and c-section. Might have better luck finding that needle from the haystack....

What the babies are up to: The babies are about an inch long and weigh around 5 grams. They look much more like tiny humans now and each is officially called a fetus. Bones are beginning to form and the "tail" has disappeared. Each brain is growing rapidly (around 250,000 new neurons are formed each minute).

4 comments:

Kathleen, Kat, Kate, or Katie...depending on when we knew each other said...

Hey Mandie! My neighbor and close friend just had twin boys last Thursday. I have a few pics of them on my blog, and more I can send you if you want :) She is breastfeeding and doing really well so far. She rented the pump from the hossy and says it has made all the difference. It CAN be done! :) If you have any questions about twins, let me know! She is right next door, and I have cared for twins for years....since high school...and will be taking care of the twins next door when their momma goes back to work. I'm excited for you and hoping the therapy will continue to help!

Mandie said...

Thank you Kat! I did see those pictures. They are really cute! I am so glad that she is breastfeeding. :) That makes me smile.

April said...

Just wanted to send HUGS! I know you will make it all work out perfect! Are you going to find out the sex of them.......or are they surprises! :)

Twisted Cinderella said...

I can relate to a lot of your post. I am 11 weeks today and although the morning sickness is for less hours a day I still am nauseas every day. I am tired all the time. I am lucky this time that that nasal congestion isn't as bad as it was with my previous pregnancies.