Monday, May 4, 2009

Second beta results and appointment dates

The nurse FINALLY called back with our second beta HCG results. I swear, that office gets slower and slower with each passing day.

Our beta number was 368! They are looking for it to double every 48 hours and ours more than tripled! This is very good news!

Although that number still is a little high. Part of me is thinking that there may be 2 in there after all. We will know shortly though. Our ultrasound appointment is scheduled for Friday May 22nd. I would actually rather not get ultrasounds as the reviews are mixed on whether or not harm is done to the baby (or babies). But I really do need to make sure that the it (or they) didn't implant in my tubes. And we also really want to know if there are twins involved so that I can be on the proper diet.

I also called my midwives today! Brandi (one of the midwives) was so excited for us! She wants to see me a little earlier than most clients since I had such bad morning (all day) sickness with Nathan. So that appointment is scheduled for Thursday May 28th! I can't wait to see them again!

I am feeling pretty good. The tiredness of the first trimester has started to set in. I am exhausted all the time. But I am enjoying every moment...

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, great numbers!! How exciting!!

Jamie said...

Soooo exciting!!! Either way - one or two babies - I can't wait to hear!

Jenn said...

woooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo! I am so excited for you Mandie!!!

Andrea said...

That is so exciting! Having the appointments for some reason makes it more 'official', huh? I will be anxiously awaiting the news!!! I was thinking about it last night and my gut is saying one boy and one girl. :D

Jessica said...

ooo congrats! I just wanted to reassure you about the ultrasounds - I had one almost every 2-4 weeks of my pregnancy (I also had 2 xrays) and my daughter is happy normal healthy, and advanced for her age!

songbird said...

Don't feel guilty for not enjoying every second of pregnancy. Just because every single aspect isn't super awesome does not mean you do not appreciate what a miracle it is! Ie, you're allowed to complain about morning sickness (just not on the infertility board.)