Tuesday, May 12, 2009

5 weeks


I am 5 weeks today!! Wow, I am really bloated today! This picture was taken at the end of the day. It seems like the later in the day, the bigger the bloat...


How I am feeling: I feel pretty good still. The exhaustion has taken itself to a whole new level. Remember all my posts about insomnia and how I was having to take Melatonin every night to fall asleep? Yeah, I don't need that anymore. I am out like a light the second I lie down. So tired! Emotionally, I am kinda hanging by a thread. Week 5 is hard on me because I lost Noel at 5 weeks 4 days. This week is a big hurdle for me and I will feel much better when it is over. And like I said in the twins scare post update (in bold), I am feeling a little better about the possibility of twins. Thankfully I have a great husband and awesome midwives! So I know that if there are 2, I am in good hands. So right now, I am just trying to hold out until my ultrasound (a week from this Friday). In other symptom news, I am crying pretty much all the time. Very emotional. Very quick to anger. Not so much fun to feel like that.

What the baby is up to: At 1/17 of an inch long, our little embryo is starting to grow! The heart begins beating this week! YAY! The baby is starting to curve in a "c" shape and the beginnings cells of the liver are forming.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Thinking of you! I can't wait until you get through this week and you get to your ultrasound as well!

Syd said...

Sorry the hormones are hitting so hard so soon. I hope you can keep the anger & tears to a minimum but if not who cares-YOUR PREGO!!! :)