Tuesday, May 5, 2009

4 weeks


I am 4 weeks today!

I will be doing a weekly post and belly picture. :) Here is my four week belly picture! I did this with my pregnancy with Nathan and it was so fun to watch my belly change each week. Granted, I don't really have a belly yet, but it is nice to have a starting off point. Although you can totally see my bloating that I have going on right now, and the stretch marks courtesy of Nathan Cole. =)

How I am feeling: Pretty good so far. Like I said before, I am really tired all the time. It is hard to get motivated to do anything right now. But I really have to clean! My allergies are acting up and it is time for a big spring cleaning of our house.

What the baby is up to: The baby is now called an embryo! The primitive placenta has been formed and will start to supply blood flow later this week. The baby is now three layers, ectoderm, mesoderm, and endoderm. The ectoderm will be the baby's neural tube (brain and spinal cord). The mesoderm will be the circulatory, reproductive, skeletal, and muscular systems. And the endoderm will eventually be the digestive system, lungs, and bladder. The baby is 1/25th of an inch long. Tiny!

A small note about this week: Some people would criticize me for getting so excited this early in the pregnancy. Lots of women are more hesitant to announce their pregnancies because the rate of miscarriage is high for this stage. And trust me, I know that better than anyone. However, this baby deserves just as much excitement and happiness as any other. Whether he is with us for one week, one month, or nine months, I still love him. And I know that telling everyone this early makes for trouble if we do lose this pregnancy, but I want everyone to know of his existence. I am pregnant NOW and that is all that I can go on.

4 comments:

Adele said...

You have every right to get excited! I know from experience that when you have been trying so hard for so long there is no avoiding being excited, only avoiding sharing your excitement with others, and who wants to do that? ;-) I am really looking forward to reading your blog and "watching" your pregnancy progress.

Andrea said...

I think you have it exactly right. Celebrate every single moment!

Amy and Sean said...

I agree! You need to rejoice this pregnancy! Keeping the pregnancy a secret will not make a miscarriage any less painful. I fully believe in celebrating every moment of life created. You waited a long time for this, don't let anybody try to take away the fun!

Erin said...

I don't blame you for being excited and telling everybody. I didn't tell my family about the two miscarriages I had over the summer, b/c they happened before I even had a chance to tell them I was pregnant. It is sad in a way b/c it feels like those babies didn't exist to the rest of the world.