Sunday, April 19, 2009

IUI #5, Cycle day 13--Ultrasound update

My ultrasound went perfectly this morning. We have two big, beautiful follicles measuring 20mms each. I couldn't ask for anything better. They want to see two follicles on 100mg of Clomid so I responded perfectly!

Now, we are waiting for the results of my bloodwork. They did two tests today, estradiol and LH. Estradiol measures the amount of estrogen in the bloodstream. The higher the estrogen level, the closer you are to ovulation. LH stands for luteinizing hormone. This is the hormone that surges immediately before ovulation. If my LH level is high, then I am already "surging" on my own and won't need the HCG injection. If my LH level isn't elevated, then I will need the HCG injection to signal my ovulation. If that is the case, Brandon has to give me an intramuscular injection tonight at 10:00pm.

I should hear about my bloodwork this afternoon. We are kind of hoping that my LH isn't surging on its own because I do want the HCG injection (weird to want more needles). I want the injection because it allows us to be more precise with the IUI. Because 36 hours after the HCG injection is when most women ovulate. We shall see...

Heard back from the nurse about my bloodwork:

My estradiol level was 352. Perfect for two follicles! :)

My LH level was 7. So I am NOT surging on my own!! YAY!

So, at 10:00pm tonight, Brandon will be giving my trigger shot (HCG) and my IUI is scheduled for Tuesday morning at 10:00am!

I have such a good feeling about this!!! WOOHOO!

3 comments:

Jennifer Wempe said...

We are just five days apart on our Clomid and IUI schedules! I go in this Friday to check my follicles and have the blood work done. I too, hope to have to take the HCG injection... I like the precision of it! This is my first round and I'm excited about the possibilities. It's just nice knowing what the issues are and having a plan of action!

Good luck to you!

Jennifer

Jamie said...

WOOT!!! I'm so excited for you!! I've got fingers and toes and everything else crossed!

Andrea said...

Oh Yay!! I'm so excited for you!!