Thursday, March 5, 2009

My decision

I am applying for the Certified Nurse Midwifery master's degree program! I have thought long and hard about it. Brandon and I have talked until we are blue in the face about it and we agree that this is my chosen path!

I am really excited! I am in the process of filling out my application, writing my biography, getting my letters of recommendation, filling out financial aid paperwork, finding my preceptors, and contacting my schools for transcripts. There is so much to do!

My application is due my April 24th. I hope to have everything done by April 1st. Classes start this summer and in two years, I will be done!

It will be a long road. But so worth it in the end. When I graduate, I will be able to work almost anywhere. I will be able to open my own homebirth practice or go into business with another midwife. I feel like this is a good choice!

Now I just have to get everything turned in and wait to see if I get in! EEK!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

How exciting!!!

Jenn said...

That is great Mandie!

Adele said...

This is wonderful news! I bet it feels great to have made the decision and be able to start taking action to achieve your goal. :-) I wish you had been around when I had my daughter. ;-)

April said...

Good luck and how exciting! You'll be so wonderful!

Syd said...

Congrats on the big decision. I know you will get in. This is your passion.

Erin said...

Congrats! You will be a great midwife!

Andrea said...

That is very exciting! I have thought about it, but not too seriously at least yet. I'm excited to hear all about your journey.