Thursday, March 12, 2009

Letter to my 22 month old boy...

Dear Nathan,

March is here! Spring is coming up soon! We have had a couple days of nice whether. I was so excited to get you out of the house. It is back to cold again, so we are really hoping it warms back up soon.

We had a well-baby visit today. You did so well! You are now 35 inches tall and 29lbs. You are in the 100 percentile for height! Just like Daddy! You are in the 95 percentile for weight. My big growing boy! Lots has happened this past month. Mama and Daddy decided that it was time to get you evaluated for speech. We were just concerned because you really aren't talking that much right now. Well, you babble all the time, but only say a couple words that we can understand. The speech therapists came out and did an evaluation. They found you to be ahead in physical and cognitive development and slightly delayed in speech. The official diagnosis is expressive language disorder. A fancy word that means that you know what you want but you just can't ask for it. In other news, you have become so affectionate! You love giving hugs and kisses now. It makes me so happy that you can show your love now. There is nothing better that getting kisses from my sweet baby. You still aren't nursing, but you love to cuddle with mama. You are still getting breastmilk in a cup though. Although it is hard for mama to pump with you around (today we had a poop incident while Mama was attached to the pump). :)

Only 2 months left until you are 2! We are going to start planning your party soon! We will probably be doing a Spongebob theme. You seem to enjoy that show when Uncle Ben watches it. I love you so much baby! Off to give you some kisses!

Always,

Mama

5 comments:

Andrea said...

What a beautiful letter!

Amanda said...

Aww.. I love reading your letters to him. What a great thing to do. Are you printing these off somewhere for him? What an awesome gift it will be for him to read these someday :)

Mandie said...

Amanda- Yes, I print these out and they are in his scrapbook. I do a new page for every month and I include the letter. :)

Thanks Andrea!

Amanda said...

How great! You are on top of these things lol... I'm so behind on Nathan's scrapbook it's not even funny...

Mandie said...

Oh I just got caught up in December. :) I gave my ILs and my mom a scrapbook of Nathan for Christmas so I was working on 4 different books at once. I love scrapbooking but not that much!

P.S. Congrats again on your baby boy! YAY!