Thursday, February 12, 2009

Letter to my 21 month old boy...

Dear Nathan,

Today you are 21 months old! I can't believe that in just three months time you will be 2. This year has just flown by so quickly. You are growing up right before our eyes.

This has been a really hard month for you and I. January 29th was the last day that you nursed. It all started with a stuffy nose and it made it difficult for you to latch and breathe at the same time. Right after that, you fell and bit your lip. This caused a sore to form making it painful to open your mouth. You nursed on Thursday morning and have not nursed since. I keep trying and trying. I offer all the time. We spent a lot of time just cuddling up and I was trying to show you how to latch again. However, you just pushed Mama away. It was heartbreaking for me. I miss you nursing. It went too fast. I just wish that I had savored our last session together. I wish I would have looked into your eyes and breathed you in. Since then, you are confused. You remember that you used to love "nummies" but you just aren't sure what to do anymore. You just lay your head on my chest and have me hold you. Mama has been pumping to give you milk each day. So you are still getting the good stuff. I am really going to try to keep it up until you are 2 because it was so important to me for you to have 2 years worth of Mama's milk.

In other news, you are such an inventive toddler! You have figured out to push the chairs over to the counter and are trying to climb up there. We have to keep the chairs in the other room because you try to get the knives! You can also climb up into our big bed. You think that this is the coolest thing ever because you can get into bed by yourself at night. Your words are slowly starting to come out. You can say Lucy, moo, quack, baaaaa (all animal noises from your farm book), da-da, nose, feet, night-night, wa (for water), and sometimes I can get you to say mama. You are taking your sweet time with words and that's ok. The weather has been pretty bad here so we have been in the house a lot. I am really looking forward to spring so that you can be outside.

I know that you will always be my baby, but you are growing up and changing so fast. I love you so much sweet boy.

Always,

Mama

No comments: