Sunday, February 1, 2009

Doing slightly better today

I've been feeling really low. Almost into a depression.

I am certain that the abrupt stop in nursing led to some major hormone shifting. Now that I am pumping, I am starting to feel a little more balanced. Even though I am only pumping about an ounce a day. But I guess that is better than nothing. I am mixing the breastmilk into his pancakes in the morning so that he at least gets it. He won't drink it from a cup.

I am really trying to focus on the fact that I have nursed for 20 months. And although I didn't make it to 2 years (as recommended by all the major medical organizations) I still have given him a great start to life. And I am not giving up. I will continue to pump. I will pump until he turns two. So that he gets some breastmilk every single day. Even if it is just an ounce here and there. I will continue to offer the breast at all his regular nursing times. One day he just might surprise me.

And I am hoping that maybe if I do get pregnant, he will see the new baby nursing and want to try again.

I AM NOT GIVING UP!

4 comments:

Holly - Lilly's Mommy said...

You are an amazing mother Mandie...
HUGS

Adele said...

You are amazing. I'm glad you're feeling a little better. ((hugs))

Rose said...

You and your son are very lucky. Here's wishing you the best! I think your choice to pump is super sweet and dedicated.

Brooke Kiel said...

Are you okay? ...Just checking in. Love ya sis.