Thursday, January 22, 2009

IUI #3, Cycle day 14

IUI went well today. No problems except for a nasty nurse.

As she was doing it, I was having some cramping. And was kinda moaning a little bit. After she gets done she says "Wow, you are sensitive. Feeling every little thing like that."

Um, listen here lady: I think I have a right to be a tad sensitive. I am laying here under ridiculously bright lights with no pants on and my feet in tiny-ass stirrups. You are shoving a giant torture device (which you call a speculum) up my vagina. All the while shooting my husband's sperm into a place that is supposed to be sacred. I should be at home making love with my husband, so get off my back &*^$&.

Wish I could have said that to her.

7 comments:

Brooke Kiel said...

LOL you poor thing. I can't even imagine. How humiliating. But your response in your head made me laugh :)Love you

Natosha said...

Mandie- I thought the IUIs were very painful. On lady that did mine had to try three or four times to get it to work. I was like GET ME A GOOD NURSE HERE.

Shame on her for being rude.

Erin said...

Have you talked to the doctor about her? He seems so nice and must hold you in high regard since he's talked about hiring you.

So on a better note, how did your appt with the midwives go?

Jamie said...

Ugh - dumb nurses. You'd think they could be a little more sensitive when you're lying there half naked on the table. Hugs....

Mandie said...

Erin- It is kinda hard to bring the subject up to Dr. B. I mean what would I say? "Um, yeah your nurse sucks bigtime. Hire me instead." LOL

On the appointment with the midwives: it got changed to a different day. :( I was super bummed, but I understood. She called before I left yesterday and said that they were with a mama in labor.

Rachael said...

Wow, that was really rude. I really hope this is your month Mandie!

Shannon said...

What a total biatch! So sorry! You have had a tough cycle! HUGS