Thursday, January 15, 2009

5 years

I rarely talk about my marriage here. Mostly because TTC and Nathan takes up 100000% of my time.


But I am married to a truly wonderful man. I want to shout from the rooftops at how amazing he is and how lucky I am.


Today marks the 5 year anniversary of when we met. 5 years ago today, he was picking me up for our very first (blind) date. We met through a mutual friend who thought that we would be perfect together. We started chatting online for a couple of weeks and decided to meet on January 15th 2004.


I was so nervous. I saw the car pull up and debated whether or not I should go. I wasn't really looking for a relationship at the time and I didn't want to hurt him. He seemed so nice. But I put on a brave face and ran out to the car. I got in and turned to him and just knew. I'm not quite sure what I knew. But I had a strong feeling that something was happening and I couldn't control it.


Love snuck up on me. He creeped his way into my heart and has never let go. He is a great man. He never yells, always treats me with respect and love. Is a great husband, provider, and father. He prefers to be with his family and is home everynight. I won't say that we are perfect. We have our fair shair of arguments and we can be downright sarcastic. :) But that is us. That is our dynamic. And I wouldn't have it any another way.


I love you sweetie. Happy Anniversary.

In far less thrilling news, I am off to my HSG. I will update later.

3 comments:

April&Jason said...

AWWW Happy 5 years!

Natosha said...

Yeah for 5 years. Cheers! Here is to 55 more!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all your love and support over our 5 years. I know that life can be good and bad, but I do know that you will always be there for me. I am thankful for every day that I get to spend with you. I look forward to sleeping next to you and waking up with you. I cannot wait to share the rest of my life experiences with you - no matter where life takes us. I love you so much!